I think the best you going to get is agreeing to disagree

deejay1974 u

canada goose clearance deejay1974 8 points submitted 4 days ago canada goose clearance

canada goose factory sale What your old workplace thinks of your sex lifes means nothing, unless they your main social life now. And even then it doesn mean much, but you can manage the damage, if you care, by telling the biggest gossip that Will was butthurt because you wouldn sleep with him and is twisting your words, all you actually said was you were backing off from sex and relationships for a bit to focus on yourself. Biggest Gossip will take care of the rest. canada goose factory sale

Canada Goose sale My student debt is just as high as students today. It actually higher than my kids debts. A house in my part of the world when I was my kids age was 25 times minimum wage. Now it 20 times. canada goose deals And home loan interest when I was their age was 17%. Canada Goose sale Now it 5%. And yet I have no idea how impossible their lot in life is. Bullshit. Life is expensive. It always been expensive. It always felt like it was all stacked up against young people. You know what? You knuckle down, work your ass off at multiple simultaneous jobs for ten years, and at some point you slowly creep past the point of endlessly slipping back. (You can get there faster by living in a share house or a basement or taking a shitty job that happens to pay well). And then you start to creep forward. And then there comes a day when you can make shit work. It always been that buy canada goose jacket cheap way for almost everyone in countries where passing between social classes is possible, and most people have no idea how few places in the world that actually is the case. Canada Goose sale

Canada Goose Parka deejay1974 2 points submitted 6 days ago Canada Goose Parka

I hope I not a jerk, but I am far less “put up and shut up” tolerant of inefficiency and lack of common sense than I was when I was younger. I was a people pleaser when I was young and would Canada Goose Parka just quietly take it when grocery baggers put a ton of things in a single bag, or squashed my bread. Now I say, “I just go and swap this for one that isn squashed” and make them wait while I get it, or, “I get you to separate those into two bags, that won last the canada goose coats trip home without breaking.” You do get better at standing up for yourself. Of course, some will always do that more rudely than others.

canada goose store deejay1974 2 points submitted 6 days ago canada goose store

I never did, either. Just as an example, old school Mad was pretty damn subversive that was definitely as much for adults as kids.

canada goose coats on sale I will admit that I have trouble relating to graphic novels and manga, though. Mostly because I need either reasonably extensive insight into thoughts via the written word, or live action emotion via video, to really connect with deep emotional content. But I do accept that it “for adults” and I have certainly read some good ones, it just not the storytelling form of choice for me personally. canada goose coats on sale

Canada Goose Jackets deejay1974 10 points submitted 6 days ago Canada Goose Jackets

canada goose coats You and your BF have different takes on what purpose college served, so of course you have different takes on what sort of college delivers it. For you, it was a developmental experience. For him, it was an investment, a step on a ladder. It very likely that Ivy League was much better at doing what college meant for him, and that state school was better for what college meant for you. Equally, it likely that he had other avenues for formative developmental experiences not open to canada goose clearance sale you, so he doesn understand why you needed to spend however much money and time to get it. Privileged people have so many extra experiences Canada Goose Jackets in the home frequent guests who are standouts in their professions, etc and their children often get to socialise with them and have serious, wide ranging conversations with them in a way that is not usual in middle class homes. Your BF probably doesn really appreciate just how many “firsts” there were for you at state school. canada goose coats

canada goose Regardless, I don know why you trying to convince each other here. You both right within your frame of reference. It doesn really matter whether you agree until you have kids. And by that point, with the eye watering student debts likely by then, and with the benefit of extra developmental experience they have had through your BF world (so they might not need what you valued most from your college experience), you might be much more inclined to see college his cheap Canada Goose way, too. canada goose

Look, I believe you when you say you happy being single. But the reality is, that is not all that common. For every person who is really happy being single, there are multiple people who are really just too busy to be unhappy about it until their bodies and lives slow down. Or who are putting on a brave front. The older you get, the more people like this you see people who were seemingly okay or even happy being single, until they got older and then they weren I say this as an introverted person who prefers mostly to be alone, and probably would not re partner if something happened to my husband: Very few people really want to have no “closest person” who is always theirs at all. It a bit like genuinely happy, freely chosen, equitable open relationships of course they can happen, but there are a lot more examples of it going wrong than right.

Canada Goose Online You probably can convince them you are truly happy this way and will always be happy alone. Hell, you can even know that for absolute certain yourself. They have probably never met someone who is. I have a rich social circle of quirky, independent older people, none of them sitting around feeling sorry for themselves, but I don know one who would genuinely prefer to be alone. They okay, they happy enough, but it isn what they really want. The older you get, the more people who die or fall out of active social circles through frailty, the more the world moves on without you into values and worldviews that you don share and as those things happen, the more most people crave a person of their own to keep them connected. And this is your older relatives world. This is what they see around them. Canada Goose Online

Honestly, I would abandon any effort to convince them. I think the best you going to get is agreeing to disagree. I know you looking for magic words that will make them see your worldview, but they probably don exist. I would just deflect, and say things like, “Well, that not for you to worry about. Why don you tell me what going on with you?”

LiamNeesonsAccent 56 points submitted 6 days ago

This is a lot. If BioDad has Son best interest in mind, he will understand the damage he done and may do by suddenly reappearing in this child life. If he truly cares I would think he would be willing to take things slowly. Or maybe you and BioDad need to get to know each other again first, so you can see what kind of a person he become.

I would canada goose recommend a consult with a family lawyer, as well as a family therapist if possible.

Edit: Saw your edit. Get a lawyer ASAP. This man is trying to move way too quickly and sounds like he will escalate to court FAST if he doesn get his way.

canada goose uk black friday deejay1974 19 points submitted 6 days ago canada goose uk black friday

uk canada goose He might, but he also might be completely clueless about what a child needs. He canada goose outlet might simply be trying to model what he thinks a “good” father/family looks like, with no appreciation of how traumatic and confusing it would be to dump that suddenly into a picture where it been absent. It isn in OP interests to assume the worst of him because she is probably going to have to work with him. She should consider the worst case scenario for his canada goose black friday sale intentions, canada goose coats on sale and protect herself, but she should not take them as given. uk canada goose

canada goose clearance sale deejay1974 6 points submitted 6 days ago canada goose clearance sale

Canada Goose Outlet Agreed. Certainly, it could go either way. But I Canada Goose online really doubt he was that good at navigating legal systems on his own at that age I guessing his parents bankrolled legal help for him and set the strategy. And, of course, he and/or canada goose store they may have sincerely believed he wasn the father until paternity was proven, and by then the adversarial relationship was well established. None of this is completely excusable, but it does go some way to explaining how this could have happened and yet they might all genuinely feel differently now that some time has passed, other people around them are having children/grandchildren, etc. (Of course, they may equally just still be playing her even now). Canada Goose Outlet

canada goose black friday sale deejay1974 1 point submitted 8 days ago canada goose black friday sale

You did nothing wrong. The company pays you to look out for their interests, and I guarantee if this team was bleeding cash and you didn recommend it, someone https://www.pick-canadagoose.com else would have. And if it clearly in your responsibilities to suggest it and you didn they would have recommend firing you too.

Don talk about the bonus, don buy her jewellery. Work your contacts and help her get a new job ASAP. If you have any connections in HR, ask them if they would consider some confidential outplacement support for her. The best way you can make her feel better is to help her get out of the situation and start on her next role.

deejay1974 98 points submitted 9 days ago

Basically what you talking canada goose clearance is a lack of boundaries, a person who doesn view it as their job to handle their own reactions, a person who thinks everyone else should make allowances because they buy canada goose jacket had a bad day.

Write a Comment